A Comprehensive Guide to Making Authentic Bagels At Home
Poppy and Sesame Seed Bagels with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
Creamy, tangy cream cheese fills these homemade poppy and sesame seed bagels. The dough is homemade and studded with seeds for texture and flavor. The chewy texture of bagels is achieved by boiling them before baking.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, yeast, warm water, 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface, or until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased mixing bowl, cover with a clean towel, and set aside for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and divide it into 8 equal pieces.
- Make a ball out of each piece and poke a hole in the centre with your thumb.
- Form the dough into the shape of a bagel.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the remaining tablespoon of poppy and sesame seeds.
- Boil the bagels for 1 minute on each side, one or two at a time.
- Place on a greased baking sheet with a slotted spoon.
- Combine the egg white and 1 tablespoon of water in a mixing bowl.
- Brush the mixture over the tops of the bagel slices.
- 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut each bagel in half and spread each half with 1 tablespoon cream cheese.
- Serve right away.
The Original Bagel Guillotine Universal Slicer
Real Bagels Are Boiled
Dash Mini Toaster Oven Cooker For Bagels
The Best Bagels Are Made At Home
Breakfast Sandwich Bagel with Egg, Ham and Cheese Recipe
Rye Sourdough Artisan Bagels Recipe
Rye Bagels with Sesame and Poppy Seeds Recipe
Fried Egg and Onion Bagel with Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado and Havarti Cheese Recipe