Stainless Steel Bagel Slicer With 3 Thickness Settings
Pumpernickel Bagels with Strawberries Recipe
These chewy and flavorful pumpernickel bagels have a touch of sweetness from the honey and a hint of sourness from the rye flour. They make a delicious and unique breakfast or brunch option when topped with fresh strawberries.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Dissolve the yeast and honey in warm water in a large mixing bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the salt, rye flour, and 2 cups bread flour until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, adding 1 cup of bread flour at a time, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a cloth, and set aside for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Form the dough into 12 balls by dividing it into 12 pieces.
- Make a hole in the centre of each ball and stretch it out into the shape of a bagel.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil and add the cornmeal.
- 3-4 bagels at a time, boil for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the bagels from the water and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chopped strawberries on top of each bagel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Before serving, let the bagels cool on a wire rack.
The Best Bagels Are Made At Home
Everything Bagel Seasoning
2-Ingredient Miracle Dough Cookbook
Bagel Cookbook For Beginners
Fried Egg and Onion Bagel with Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado and Havarti Cheese Recipe
Sliced Everything Bagels Recipe
Olive Oil and Cream Cheese Spread with Black Sesame Seed Bagels Recipe
Korean Style Ang Butter Bagels with Red Bean Paste Recipe