Explore the Different Ways to Enjoy Bagels, Shipped Right to Your Door
Fresh Homemade Plain Bagels Recipe
With this simple recipe, you can enjoy the delicious taste of fresh, homemade plain bagels. These bagels are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, making them ideal for breakfast or a midday snack. For a tasty treat, top with your favourite spreads.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Mix in the warm water until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes on a floured surface.
- Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes, covered.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and roll each one into a ball.
- Create a bagel shape by poking a hole in the centre of each ball.
- Allow the bagels to rest for 10 minutes, covered.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add the bagels to a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side, then remove to a paper towel to dry.
- Brush the top of each bagel with the egg and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Bellemain's Premiere Nonstick Bagel Pan
Bagel Maker With 6 Individual Bagel Molds
Bagel Cookbook For Beginners
Tuna Salad Bagel with Lettuce and Cheese Recipe
Nutella and Sliced Strawberries on a Bagel Recipe
Yummy Toasted Egg, Cheese and Bacon Bagel Recipe
BLT Bagels with Bacon, Avocados and Cherry Tomatoes Recipe