Make Perfect Bagels At Home With This Bagel Pan
Poppy Seed Bagels with Cream Cheese Recipe
For breakfast or a mid-day snack, serve homemade poppy seed bagels with cream cheese. These chewy bagels are simple to make and taste great when toasted.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, salt, instant yeast, and poppy seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the warm water until a shaggy dough forms.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes on a floured surface, or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased mixing bowl, cover with a damp towel, and set aside for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius).
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and roll into balls.
- To make a bagel shape, poke a hole in the centre of each ball and stretch the hole.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add two or three bagels at a time.
- Boil for 1-2 minutes on each side, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bagels should be baked for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or toasted, with cream cheese on top.
B Is For Bagel
Bellemain's Premiere Nonstick Bagel Pan
Bagel Maker With 6 Individual Bagel Molds
Fresh Sesame and Poppy Seed Bagels Recipe
Fresh Out of the Oven Bagels Recipe
Buttered Bagels with Sesame Seeds Recipe
Assortment of Poppy Seed Bagels and Sesame Bagels with Cream Cheese Recipe